International Deadline: August 3, September 28, 2012 – The Arty’ premieres as the world’s first global open art competition and award show which will span over 300,000 sq ft this Spring at the world-renowned Venetian, Palazzo Resort. Having the largest cash prizes in history of $1,000,000.00 US with odds of winning one of the 10 prizes of $100,000 each at 1 out of 25, making this show truly unique. Artists will have three unique ways of winning via votes on the web, attendees at the event and judges. The Public will be choosing five of the awards and the judges the additional five. Be a part of history.
In addition to the cash prizes, profits from the show will also be given as scholarships and grants to art students in order to develop continuous growth in culture and education through the arts. Now that we have your attention and as history is being made, please read further to see the excitement this show will unveil.
JUDGES – See website for complete descriptions.
Prof. Brendan Neiland
Prof. Neiland is one of Britain’s foremost and contemporary painters and printmakers represented in over 60 major museums and galleries worldwide including, in Britain, The Victoria and Albert Museum, The Tate Gallery London, The Collections of the British Council and the Arts Council of Great Britain.
Dr. Valérie Portefaix
Dr. Portefaix is a French artist who works in installation, performance, photography, drawing and film. She has been teaching in various universities worldwide and is currently a Visiting Professor at the School of Design, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University. She is the Co-founder and Executive Director of MAP Office, a multi-disciplinary platform based in Hong Kong and is internationally recognized.
Prof. John Dishman
Fulbright Scholar, Prof. Dishman has been known for his contributions to the development of the Arts throughout the World with numerous projects spanning over the last thirty years.
Dr. Chunchen Wang
Dr. Wang is the Head of the Department of Curatorial Research at the Central Academy of Fine Arts China and is known for his contributions to the arts via his own body of works, publications and curatorial experiences. In 2009 he was honored with the coveted Chinese Contemporary Art Award which is echo by the numerous awards he has received for his input in Art Criticism.
Bruce is an artist whose specialty is collage and assemblage. He has a master’s degree in painting from the prestigious Rhode Island School of Design, where he later became the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs of the college. He is a fellow of the National Endowment for the Arts and recently won the South Florida Cultural Consortium fellowship for professional achievement in the visual arts. He is presently the Editor-in-Chief for the Art Economist.
WEB CHOICE AWARD
- Stage 1 June 9 to August 3, 2012
Artist submission is open. During Stage 1 we encourage artists to submit their work early for the general public to review and to generate awareness of their submission via Blogs and Social Networking before voting takes place. Entry fee for artists is at a reduced rate of $50.00 US.
- Stage 2: August 4 to September 28, 2012
Artist submission is open. During this stage free voting now takes place by the general public AND your social media circle of influence. Use it!!! Entry fees for Artists is $75.00
- Stage 3: September 29 to November 23, 2012
Submission is closed and voting continues on The Arty website through November 23, 2012 with the 1000 Artists receiving the highest votes being selected for the ‘Web Choice Selection’. This group will have their own web page and will now be able to sell their art work from the website.
- Stage 4: November 24, 2012 to January 18, 2013
The ‘Web Choice Selection’ top 1000 artists will be voted with the lowest 100 artists being eliminated each week for eight weeks. The 200 artists having the most votes (social media is very important here!) will be invited to Las Vegas with the announcement being made on January 19, 2013. These artists are now eligible for the three $100,000.00 US prizes via the Web Choice Awards.
- Stage 5: January 19 to February 16, 2013
Voting will continue via the website through February 16, 2013 with the results announced at the Gala Opening Soiree of the three artists receiving the largest amount of votes winning $100,000 each.
- Stage 6: April 17, 2013
Announcement of the 3 Web Choice winners will be among ‘The Arty Circle’ Top 25 at the Opening Soiree Preview Night reception.
- Stage 7: Saturday or Sunday April 20/21( tba)
The 3 Web Choice winners will be announced during the televised broadcast ‘Tribute to the Arts’.
JUDGES CHOICE AWARD
- Stage 1: June 9 – November 23, 2012
The Panel of 5 International Judges will select 500 artists from the submissions posted on The Arty web site.
- Stage 2: November 24, 2012
The selected 500 artists will be announced and the winning artists will be highlighted with their own web page.
- Stage 3: November 24 – January 18, 2013
Judges voting from the selected 500 artists will be narrowed and the Judges will choose 50 artists to be invited to Las Vegas.
- Stage 4: January 19, 2013
The Judges will make an announcement of the top 50 artists being invited to Las Vegas.
- Stage 5: April 17, 2013
Announcement of the 5 Judges Choice winners will be among “The Arty Circle” Top 25 at the Opening Soiree Preview Night reception Stage 6: Saturday or Sunday April 20/21 (tba) The 5 Judges Choice winners will be announced during the televised broadcast “Tribute to the Arts”.
VIEWER CHOICE AWARDS
Attendees to The Arty show in Las Vegas, Nevada will be able to vote April 18 to 20, 2013 on their favorite art/artist. The two artists with the highest votes will each win the Viewer Choice $100,000 purchase awards which will be announced during the televised special.
DATES TO REMEMBER
- June 9 to August 3, 2012: Registration will be open at a reduced rate of $50.00; this gives artists an advantage of being able to develop awareness of their work.
- August 4 to September 28, 2012: Registration continues at the full entry price of $75.00;
- Voting takes place and continues through November 16.
- September 29, 2012: Registration is closed.
- September 29 to November 23, 2012: Voting continues for the top 1000 artists for the Web Choice.
- November 24, 2012: Announcement of the top 1000 Web Choice and the 50 Judges Choice with the artists given a web page so artists may sell their works.
- November 24 to January 18, 2013: Elimination begins by the Web votes with each week 100 artists eliminated until the final 200 are selected.
- January 19, 2013: Announcement of the winning 200 artists from the Web Choice Selection and 50 Judges Choice.
- January 19 to February 16, 2013: Voting continues for the top three Web Choice Awards. April 17, 2013: 250 chosen artists place work in the venue in Las Vegas, Nv. In addition â€œThe Arty Circleâ€ Top 25 are announced.
- April 18, 2013: The Arty show Opens to the general public.
- April 21, 2013: Show Exhibit ends – Televised Special. All winners are announced during televised special. All artist works must be removed by end of day/midnight.
- November 24, 2012 at 5:00 pm PST emails will be sent out to the selected 500 artists by the Judges Choice Selection.
- November 24, 2012 at 5:00 pm PST emails will be sent out for the selected 1000 artists from the Web Choice Awards.
- January 19, 2013 at 11:59 pm PST emails will be sent out for the 200 accepted artist for the Web Choice Selection and the 50 artists from the Judges Selection.
- April 17, 2013 at the Opening Soiree the winning 5 artists from the Judges Choice Selection and the winning 3 artists from the Web Choice Selection will be announced at 8:00 pm PDT.
On Friday April 19, 2013 at 7:30 pm the Million Dollar Art Show© Gala will honor ‘The Arty Circle’. This evening will include the Artists Auction.